Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Round 1, vs Pizza

Pizza? Really? Apparently my first bout of food related illness is due to the pizza I ate in Mindo. Had to skip bird watching the next morning and slept most of the following day. Walked down to Hotel Descando for a little bit to watch the hummingbirds. There I sat and chatted with William, a bird watcher that lives in Mindo. But I started to feel sick again after a little while and went back to my hostal to sleep. Today I felt a lot better and I hiked up to the ziplines over the canopy. Very cool! I´ve been ziplining before but never so high over the trees!! And I saw a toucan! Woohoo! Mindo is a beautiful town and I was sad to leave but there is so much more to see. Tomorrow I will hike part of the Cotopaxi Volcano and then on Friday I am off to Banos for some rafting, biking and relaxation. It should be a pretty chill place to relax for a few days. I heard the coast is cloudy right now and I think I might skip it and stay in Banos a little extra and then I will have a little bit longer to explore nothern Peru as well. Hasta luego!

No comments: